Strategic Planning in the Era of Pandemics, Climate Change, and the Kurzweil Singularity
An approach to strategic planning in the context of societal disruptions, which derives from the Business of Humanity® research program, was presented by Dr. John C. Camillus as the inaugural event in a webinar series designed for PittBusiness’s alumni on September 24, 2020.
- Course Overview - "The Business of Humanity® - Strategic Management in the Era of Globalization, Innovation, and Shared Value"
Dr John C. Camillus, the Donald R. Beall Professor of Strategic Management at the Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, provides an overview of his course, "The Business of Humanity® - Strategic Management in the Era of Globalization, Innovation, and Shared Value."
- Arvind and the Business of Humanity®
Arvind Ltd., the flagship company of the Lalbhai Group, is an iconic example of the Business of Humanity® proposition that economic value added and societal benefits are synergistic. Mr. Sanjay Lalbhai, Chairman & Managing Director, Arvind Ltd., shares his perspective on sustainability; addressing issues such as the growing incidence of farmer suicide by creating new business models; "de-risking" the new business models; and the evolving nature of Arvind's historic commitment to social responsibility – from giving to good causes, through philanthropy that is carefully managed by Arvind's foundations, to incorporation of social concerns into Arvind's business model.
- Sustainability as Strategy
Mr. Pedro Suarez, President of Dow Latin America, speaks about his commitment to “Sustainability as Strategy.” Dow Latin America is the most profitable territory in Dow’s portfolio, and Mr. Suarez’s approach to strategy formulation and implementation provides a compelling illustration of the power of the Business of Humanity® proposition.
Mr. Suarez’s strategy is aligned with Dow’s strongly held commitment to sustainability. Dow describes itself as combining “the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress.” In 2015, Dow articulated its “2025 sustainability goals to help redefine the role of business in society.” The very first goal is to lead “in developing a societal blueprint that integrates public policy solutions, science and technology, and value innovation to facilitate the transition to a sustainable planet and society.”
- Closing remarks with Dan Braun and Dr. Bopaya Bidanda
Dan Braun, Deputy Minister of Regional Development, Czech Republic gives closing statement. Dr. Bopaya Bidanda, Ernest Roth Professor & Chairman, Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh gives the closing presentation at The Business of Humanity and Nupharo Park Conference (Realizing the Promise of DC Technology: "Energizing" Low-Income Communities). October 5, 2013, Prague.
- Dean John Delaney
Dean John Delaney from the Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh gives the "Welcome" address at The Business of Humanity and Nupharo Park Conference (Realizing the Promise of DC Technology: "Energizing" Low-Income Communities). October 4, 2013, Prague.
- Chairman Milan Ganik
Milan Ganik, Chairman of the Board, Nupharo Park giving the "Welcome" address at the Business of Humanity and Nupharo Park conference (Realizing the Promise of DC Technology Conference: "Energizing" Low-Income Communities). October 4, 2013, Prague.
See more videos....
- Milton Friedman Was Wrong, The Atlantic, August 22, 2019
- What Companies are For, The Economist, August 22, 2019
- Move Over, Shareholders: Top CEOs Say Companies Have Obligations to Society, Wall Street Journal, August 19, 2019
- EMBA Students Apply Their Expertise and Education to the Business of Humanity®, Katz Website, EMBA Program, October 9, 2018
- India and Homewood Grow as Testing Ground for Pitt's 'Business of Humanity' Idea, by Daniel Moore, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, July 16, 2018
- Pitt Professors Pursue New Projects with Pitt Seed Grants, by Mario Cattabiani III, Pitt News, July 11, 2018
- Manufacturing Assistance Center Connects Communities With Technical Skills, Careers, by Anthony M. Moore, Pittwire, April 17, 2018
- Bopaya Bidanda, chairman of Pitt's Department of Industrial Engineering, by Kris B. Mamula, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 2017
- Pitt training center aims to breathe new life into Homewood, manufacturing, by Natasha Lindstrom, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, April 28, 2017
- An Ambitious Energy Project in Homewood Powers Up, by Daniel Moore, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 2017
- World Power: From Pittsburgh to India, Racing to Reinvent the Electric Grid, by Daniel Moore, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, October 2016
- The Energy Interstate: A national system of electricity transmission could cut power-plant emissions by 80 percent, by Vauhini Vara, The Atlantic, June, 2016
See more articles.....